Change location v

Car Accident Lawyers

No one deserves to suffer an injury they didn’t cause.

We'll help you win maximum compensation.


Car accident injury claims

All road users have the legal obligation to ensure the safety of other drivers, cyclists, pedestrians. If you have become injured in a motor accident due to another person’s negligence, then you may have grounds for a motor vehicle accident compensation claim.

GMP Law are accredited specialists in personal injury law, with a 98% success rate and over 35 years experience helping individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents maximise their compensation entitlements.

Book a free consultation with one of our motor accident injury lawyers.

We're here to help

Contact us for no-obligation legal advice about your claim.

Why Choose Gerard Malouf & Partners

in car accident claims.

0 %
winning cases for our clients.
translating to billions of dollars for our clients.

Our Process

How to claim car accident compensation

Play Video

Seeking legal guidance from an accredited specialist in personal injury law is essential to make successful claim and maximise your compensation entitlements.

The car accident claims process with GMP Law starts with a free, no-obligation consultation to determine your eligibility and answer any questions you may have.

Car accident compensation claims process

The context in which the accident took place will largely determine the specific process of your case, and your personal injury lawyer will help you to navigate the legal system and build a strong case. In general, there are a handful of factors to be aware of during the process:

Our guarantee
No Win, No Fee Car Accident Lawyers

Not all ‘No Win No Fee’ legal firms are the same. Here at GMP Law, we cover 100% of all upfront costs.

Our no win, no fee guarantee

We take on 100% of all upfront costs for you. If you don’t win, we won’t charge you anything for our work — that is the basis of our law firm.

This approach also signifies that if — in the rare instance — we do not win your case, you will not be required to pay a contingency fee for our work together.

This means that you can focus more on healing, without the additional worry of legal costs by seeking the compensation you rightfully deserve.

Upon winning your case, we do not charge a percentage of the settlement — as may be commonly expected. Rather, we charge based on our time.

We are dedicated to serving Australia with the utmost commitment to our clients’ success and satisfaction, as evidenced by our 98% success rate and $4 billion in settlements delivered. 

Client testimonial

“Thank you so much for my claim, it has helped me, my Husband and Daughter through a very rough time and your services run smoothly and very professional. I was very impressed.”

Frequently Asked Questions

More information about car accident claims

Commonly asked questions concerning motor vehicle accident claims.

Immediately following a car crash, call the police and emergency services if you suspect you have an injury.

Note down any details including time, data and take photos of the scene.

Contact GMP Law if you, or a loved one, has suffered a personal injury.

Even if the car at fault was uninsured, unregistered or unidentified, a claim may still be possible. Contact GMP Law to learn more.

Yes. Many people are unaware that they may be entitled to compensation for a motor accident even if they weren’t driving a car or motorbike.

Car insurance schemes provide coverage for individuals injured while driving and for passengers.

Getting hit by a car when you are cycling can have devastating effects. In a motor vehicle accident involving a cyclist, the cyclist is almost always injured far worse than anyone else. 

As a cyclist, you may be eligible for compensation if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident.

Learn more.

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance is the insurance plan required for all drivers in Australia. This insurance is typically purchased when registering a car and may even be included as a part of your registration cost. CTP insurance is important for car accident victims because it’s meant to cover any personal injury payouts that result from an incident.

Notably, CTP insurance doesn’t cover damage to vehicles (or property that may be damaged due to an accident). Instead, it focuses solely on compensating individuals for their injuries and associated losses. Each state and territory in Australia has its own CTP insurance scheme, and the specific coverage and benefits may vary.

Free Resources
Our guide to car accident compensation claims

Download our guide to understand important time limits and processes that you need to follow to maximise your chances of success.

Our TeaM

Meet the Motor Vehicle Accident Team

Meet some of the diverse and dynamic motor vehicle accident lawyers that support our clients with their motor vehicle accident claims.


Our difficult case policy

At Gerard Malouf & Partners, it’s our professional obligation to strive for maximum justice and achievable compensation.

Our difficult case policy ensures that our senior lawyers and experienced management team oversee notably challenging cases. This makes sure that we achieve the best results for our clients seeking accident injury compensation.

We maintain integrity by not accepting a case if we believe it is unlikely to result in compensation, or if the costs to our client outweigh the benefits.

This is our core philosophy and what differentiates us from other law firms.

We're here to help maximise your compensation

Book your free, confidential consultation with one of our car accident lawyers using the form below, or simply call us 1800 004 878.

About Us
Gerard Malouf & Partners have provided friendly, experienced legal advice to communities across Australia for over 35 years. Our Personal Injury Lawyers have taken on ten’s of thousands of cases and we are proud to have won billions of dollars for our clients.
Meet the diverse and dynamic team of compensation lawyers and supporting staff that have made this all happen below. Our multi-lingual team can discuss your claims in Arabic, Assyrian, Turkish, Greek, Italian, French, Serbian, Croatian, Armenian, Mandarin, Hindi, Punjabi or Malayalam.
Meet the diverse and dynamic team of compensation lawyers and supporting staff that have made this all happen below. Our multi-lingual team can discuss your claims in Arabic, Assyrian, Turkish, Greek, Italian, French, Serbian, Croatian, Armenian, Mandarin, Hindi, Punjabi or Malayalam.

Your location is currently: