Change location v

An Injured Man Receives $75K in Compensation After a Motor Vehicle Accident

Case Overview
  • A 60-year-old man from the Central Coast was injured when a car moving in the opposite direction failed to give a way.
  • Our client requested compensation from the CTP insurer because of the loss he suffered from the accident.
  • Gerard Malouf and Partners helped the man receive $75000 in compensation from the CTP insurer.

Our client was a 60-year-old man from the Central Coast involved in a motor vehicle accident when a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction made a right turn without giving way. Due to the accident, our client was not able to return to work immediately. 

With Gerard Malouf and Partners fierce representation, The CTP insurer of the vehicle at fault accepted liability and our client was compensated for his loss of wages.

Our Approach

A lump-sum compensation claim was lodged with the CTP insurer to seek damages for the loss our client faced in a motor vehicle accident. Our client was eventually able to return to his work. However, the ongoing difficulties and restrictions could drive him to early retirement.

Our client received $75,000 in compensation. He was delighted with the outcome. If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you should always seek advice from a lawyer about your rights. Speak to one of our expert solicitors at Gerard Malouf & Partners on (02) 9158 0437 for obligation free consultation or complete our email enquiry form

The Result

We entered into negotiations and were able to receive $75,000 in compensation from the CTP insurer.

Anasimone Attalia Lawyer

Ana Attalla

Law Clerk
Helping one person might not change the whole world, but it could change the world for one person
Frequently Asked Questions

More Information

Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance is the insurance plan required for all drivers in Australia. This insurance is typically purchased when registering a car and may even be included as a part of your registration cost. CTP insurance is important for car accident victims because it’s meant to cover any personal injury payouts that result from an incident.

Immediately following a car crash, call the police if you suspect the other driver is under to influence, and call for paramedics if you suspect you have an injury.

Following this, calling your insurer is advised, as well as taking details from other parties and witnesses. Note down any details including time, data and take photos of the scene. 

Each motor vehicle accident claim requires a police report, accident notification form and personal injury claim form. The claim form is central to your claim and we recommend speaking with a lawyer to ensure the best chance of success. Once you lodge your claim, an Independent Medical Assessor reviews your claims. 

Getting hit by a car when you are cycling can have devastating effects. In a motor vehicle accident involving a cyclist, the cyclist is almost always injured far worse than anyone else. In addition to personal injury, a cycling accident claim may include pain and suffering damages.

The main goal when pursuing a claim for a bicycling accident involving a motor vehicle is providing the proof of fault and of your injuries and potential other losses. Your accident claim will need to be presented by a qualified attorney who is familiar with cycling accident scenarios, and who will be able to give you the support you need.

At Gerard Malouf & Partners, we will work hard to get you the cycling accident compensation you deserve.



More Case Summaries

© 2022 
Gerard Malouf & Partners
 — Personal Injury Compensation Lawyers

Website Design by MediaSmiths

Your location is currently: