Change location v

What happens if you’re in an accident with a car that has diplomatic plates?

Even if you’re a cautious, responsible driver, you still may end up in a motor vehicle accident. With drivers on the road who aren’t as careful as others, you may become involved in an incident at no fault of your own.

Things can quickly become complicated in a variety of cases, even if they appear simple at first, and that is even truer if you’re involved in an unusual case. While rare, you may find yourself in an accident with a car that has diplomatic plates.

In cases like these, information can become even more muddled as you find yourself in a complex situation as you also deal with physical, financial and mental consequences from a crash.

Speak to the police

The first step in dealing with any motor vehicle crash remains the same despite unusual circumstances – start by speaking with the police. Diplomats receive diplomatic immunity around the world, which means they will not be held criminally responsible for any legal infractions. However, you do still have options.

Begin by filing a report with the police, who will create an official record of the crash. This will help you later on.

Seek legal counsel

Once you’ve spoken with the police, it’s time to consider your legal options. It’s wise to seek legal counsel in any case after a crash that leaves you with physical or financial burdens, but is even more important in complicated cases that include unusual circumstances.

When you seek legal counsel, expert lawyers who specialise in personal injury law will be able to help you find a way forward. This process can be overwhelming during a stressful time, which is why experts will be able to help you file paperwork and pursue financial compensation to help you make up for any losses you have sustained as a result of a crash. Compensation can include funds to cover ongoing care costs if you have sustained injuries that will continue to impact your life, as well as financial assistance to make up for loss of income or ability to work.

Have you or a loved one been involved in a motor vehicle incident that has left you with physical injuries or illnesses? You may be able to receive financial compensation to help cover ongoing care costs, loss of income and other expenses.

At Gerard Malouf & Partners Compensation Lawyers, we are confident in our ability to obtain your maximum value in your motor vehicle and car accident claim. Call us on 1800 004 878 or complete our email enquiry form.

© 2021 
Gerard Malouf & Partners
 — Personal Injury Compensation Lawyers

Website Design by MediaSmiths

Your location is currently: