If you've been injured in a private or public space, you could be eligible to make a public liability injury claim.
In order to make such a claim and have it be successful, you need to be able to prove the owner of the private or public space was responsible for your injury. A compensation lawyer can help you determine whether you have adequate grounds for a case.
When you get in touch with a compensation lawyer about a public liability injury claim, it's a good idea to have the following information at hand:
– A detailed account of the incident. This should include where and when it took place, as well as how it happened – to the best of your memory.
– If possible, any photos you took of the scene.
– The contact details of anybody who saw the incident and could provide a witness statement to support your claim.
– Information about the injury or injuries you sustained as a result of the incident. This could include medical reports on your diagnosis and the treatment you have received, any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses you have incurred due to such treatment (e.g. payments for visits to the GP) and details of the GP or GPs you have seen.
– Any documents from before or after the incident that might help to back up your claim.
"Foolkit" also suggests giving your compensation lawyer a description of how your day-to-day life has been impacted by the incident you were involved in. For example, you should provide details of any tasks you are no longer able to perform as a result of your injury or injuries.
With all of this information at their disposal, your compensation lawyer should be able to determine how likely it is that your public liability claim will be successful. If they decide you have a good chance, they should also be able to give you an estimate of how much you could receive in compensation from such a claim.
In New South Wales, the "onus of proving" is always on the person making the claim in public liability cases. To ensure you have the best shot of proving you deserve injury compensation, it's important to have experienced compensation lawyers on your side.
For more information about making a public liability injury claim, get in touch with Gerard Malouf Partners today.