Change location v

How do I seek compensation for a car accident injury?

If you have been injured in a car accident in New South Wales, you may be eligible for compensation under certain circumstances.

Many people are unaware of the laws surround car accident compensation. If the accident was not your fault – or you were only partly at fault – you may be eligible to receive a payment.

You do not need to be a driver or passenger in a car to claim compensation for an accident that was not your fault. Cyclists, pedestrians crossing the road and even pillion passengers on motorcycles can also be injured in car accidents and can therefore make claims.

Under the NSW motor accident compensation scheme, anyone who was injured in a car crash where the vehicle at fault was not registered, insured or identified – more commonly known as 'hit and run' accidents – may also be eligible for compensation.

Compensation that injured parties in a car accident may be entitled to can take a number of forms.

These include payment for any economic loss suffered – including loss of wages or superannuation contributions – or any future economic loss that may be a result of the incident.

Non-economic loss – such as pain, suffering or loss of enjoyment of life – may also be considered in certain circumstances, depending on your injuries and their overall impact.

Furthermore, you may be entitled to compensation that covers the immediate payment of any medical expenses you may have incurred – to a maximum of $5,000 – as well as reimbursement for future medical costs or expenses associated with rehabilitation.

Compensation can also come in the form of reimbursed legal costs associated with your case.

If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, you should discuss your options with an experienced car accident lawyer at the first opportunity.

When you talk to a no win no fee lawyer, you can be safe in the knowledge that you will not be charged to have your situation assessed to determine whether or not you are eligible for compensation.

If your lawyer determines that you have a case for compensation, they will be able to access the financial and medical resources you need to successfully argue your case and maximise your potential payout.

And with a no win no fee agreement in place, you will not need to pay any costs or legal fees until a successful result has been achieved.

If you have been injured in a car accident, speak with a specialist lawyer to discuss the circumstances surrounding your situation as quickly as possible.

© 2011 
Gerard Malouf & Partners
 — Personal Injury Compensation Lawyers

Website Design by MediaSmiths

Your location is currently: