Other Dust Diseases Claims
There are a number of other dust diseases that are caused by the inhalation of different types of dust particles. The symptoms of these diseases are similar to pneumoconiosis, and typically include difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, wheezing and tightness in the chest, and include:
- Aluminosis: Pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of aluminum-bearing dust.
- Bagassosis: Inflammation of the lung caused by the inhalation of dust from bagasse (sugar cane dust).
- Berylliosis: Inflammation of the lung caused by the inhalation of beryllium-bearing dust.
- Byssinosis: Inflammation of the lung caused by the inhalation of cotton, flax, or hemp dust.
- Farmer’s Lung: Inflammation and hypersensitivity of the lung caused by the inhalation of mould spores from rotting biological material, such as hay.
- Silico-tuberculosis: Tuberculosis caused by exposure to silica dust.
- Talcosis: Pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of talc.
Whilst these dust diseases are rare in Australia they do arise from time to time and our access to respiratory physicians, environmental toxicologists and various other medical practitioners and other experts enable the expert team at Gerard Malouf & Partners to make an accurate and early assessment of any possible claim.
If you think you have a Other Dust Diseases claim, take advantage of our free face-to-face consultation by calling our expert team of lawyers today on our Free Call Number 1800 004 878.