Hire Car Accident Claim
There are three main situations that can occur in hire car accidents. You can be the driver of the hire car, a passenger in the hire car, or another road user involved in an accident with a hire car.
Drivers of Hire Cars and Vehicles Involved in a Hire Car Accident
If you are the driver of a hire car, or the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident with a hire car, then you will be eligible to make a claim for personal injury compensation if:
- The accident was the complete fault of another road user; or
- The accident was partially the fault of another road user
In the event that you were partially at fault for the accident you are still entitled to receive compensation for your injuries although the amount of compensation may be reduced to reflect your partial contribution to the accident.
Passengers in Hire Cars and Other Vehicles Involved In the Hire Car Accident
Personal injury compensation to passengers injured in motor vehicle accident If you are the driver of a hire car, or the driver of a vehicle involved in an accident with a hire car, th s, can sometimes be reduced if it is proven that the passenger contributed to their injuries. For example, a failure to wear a seatbelt may result in the amount of compensation you would have received being reduced.
Children Involved in a Hire Car Accident
If a child is injured in any type of motor vehicle accident on New South Wales roads, including hire car accidents, they are automatically entitled to receive the children’s special benefit. The special benefit is available to all children under the age of sixteen years, regardless of whether they were partially or completely at fault for the accident and includes payment of hospital, medical and rehabilitation expenses.
The types of Compensation
Under the motor accidents compensation scheme, people involved in a hire car accidents, may be entitled to receive the following components of compensation:
- Reimbursement of hospital, medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Compensation for any future medical expenses in relation to injuries sustained in the accident
- Compensation for past economic loss such as loss of wages while recovering from the injuries
- Compensation for future economic loss where the working life has been reduced, as a result of the injuries
- Lump sum compensation if there is a permanent impairment as a result of the injuries
- Lump sum compensation for pain and suffering, loss of amenities of life, loss of expectation of life and disfigurement
Gerard Malouf & Partners are not a giant publicly listed law company but a highly specialised and focused firm.
We are small enough to have the privilege of caring intimately for our clients but large enough to have the solid financial, medical and expert resources our client’s need in their successful compensation claims.
For free over-the-phone advice on about your hire car accident or to take advantage of our free face-to-face consultation call our expert legal team today on 1800 004 878.